Skip to content
EOS Core Arbitration Forum
- Case number: ECAF00000023
- Status: Ruling Issued
- Arbitrator: Ben Gates (A)
- Emergency Arbitrator: Sam Sapoznick (EA)
- Case Manager: Moti Tabulo (CM)
- Date of arbitration start: 17/10/2018
- Date of ruling: 07/11/2018
- Case closed: Pending completion of detailed actions ordered in ruling AR-001
- Complaint: Account has been phished
- Relief: Return control of account to the rightful owner (‘the claimant’)
- Account disputed: ha4tamjtguge
- Claimant: VH (C)
- Respondent: Unidentified person(s) in possession of the private keys to EOS account ha4tamjtguge which were acquired from http://www.register-eos.org (R)
- 14 Jun 2018: R accesses C’s EOS account and votes for a number of Block Producers.
- 15 Jun 2018: R commences unstaking of EOS tokens contained in C’s EOS account and votes for a number of EOS Block Producers (BPs). Unstaking commenced
- 15 Jun 2018: C files a claim with ECAF requesting emergency relief (account freeze)
- 17 Jun 2018: Case assigned to Emergency Arbitrator (EA) who requests additional evidence and signing of freeze request and waiver
- 17 Jun 2018: C signs emergency freeze request and waiver provides additional evidence
- 19 Jun 2018: EA issues emergency order AO-001 to BPs informing them to stop processing any transactions for the disputed account.
- 19 Jun 2018: EA delivers additional explanation of the evidence examined in the emergency order AO-001 and AO-002.
- 11 Jul 2018: CM delivers status update to C
- 16 Jul 2018: EA returns case to the forum for further processing
- 22 Jul 2018: C requests update on which arbitrator will review the case further
- 31 Aug 2018: Case assigned to A. C is notified of new arbitrator.
- 31 Aug 2018: CM onboards A with case details and evidence store.
- 3-7 Sep 2018: A reviews evidence
- 10 Sep 2018: A provides C with update. C acknowledges.
- 13 Sep 2018: A completes estimate of arbitral costs as per the fee schedule. CM communicates this to C.
- 13 Sep 2018: C accepts fee estimate. Requests additional time to deposit funds.
- 17 Sep 2018: C requests clarification on memo to send deposit into ECAF’s account. CM clarifies.
- 17 Sep 2018: C submits deposit for arbitration costs.
- 17 Sep 2018: Notice of arbitration sent to the disputed account.
- 17 Sep 2018: C requests clarification if any additional actions are required in response. CM clarifies that none required.
- 25 Sep 2018: C questions to A.
- 8 Oct 2018: 2nd reminder of notice of arbitration posted to disputed account.
- 17 Oct 2018: Final reminder of notice of arbitration posted to disputed account.
- 17 Oct 2018: A informs C that arbitration is now proceeding. Requests additional evidence.
- 17 Oct 2018: CM requests new EOS keys.
- 18 Oct 2018: C not available to provide some evidence due to vacation.
- 20 Oct 2018: Evidence submission by C.
- 23 Oct 2018: C and A exchange dialogue about C’s schedule and availability.
- 30 Oct 2018: A requests update on C’s status. C replies.
- 2 Nov 2018: C submits additional evidence. CM confirms reception.
- 5 Nov 2018: A clarifies point on evidence with C.
- 6 Nov 2018: A clarifies point on evidence with C.
- 6-8 Nov 2018: Ruling prepared and reviewed internally.
- 8 Nov 2018: Ruling issued