Skip to content
EOS Core Arbitration Forum
- Case number: ECAF00000027
- Status: Ruling Issued, AR-002
- Arbitrator: Ben Gates (A)
- Case Manager: Moti Tabulo (CM)
- Date of arbitration start: 17/09/2018
- Date of ruling: 14/12/2018
- Case closed: Pending completion of detailed actions ordered in ruling AR-002
- Complaint: Private keys to the account have been lost but the claimant is the owner
- Relief: Provide control of the disputed account to the claimant
- Account disputed: hezdqnjxgmge
- Claimant: MR B.T.L (C)
- Respondent: The owner of EOS account hezdqnjxgmge (R)
- 15 Jun 2018: C files a case with ECAF. Claims:
- Purchased EOS ERC-20 tokens using his Hardware key.
- Registered his EOS ERC-20 tokens on the official website
- Attempted to save his private key, however for one reason or another his PC did not save it
- Unsuccessfully made attempts to recover the file to no avail
- 22 Jun 2018: ECAF staff member informs C that due to private key not being compromised the case is in the backlog and will be reviewed
- 24 Jun 2018: Acknowledgement on email received from C.
- 19 Jul 2018: CM provides C with update on case status. C acknowledges receipt.
- 6 Aug 2018: CM provides C with update on case status.
- 17 Sep 2018: Case is assigned to CM
- 17 Sep 2018: CM informs C that case is ready for assignment and thus Filing Fees are due.
- 18 Sep 2018: C requests clarification on payment modalities
- 18 Sep 2018: CM clarifies payment and also instructs C on the process the case will follow
- 20 Sep 2018: C communicates with CM regarding possible execution of an order
- 21 Sep 2018: C submits filing fee
- 24 – 27 Sep 2018: C requests update
- 27 Sep 2018: CM confirms payment received and that case will now be assigned. A is assigned.
- 20 Oct 2018: C requests update.
- 23 Oct 2018: A requests C to prove control of Ethereum account used to purchase EOS ERC-20 tokens by sending a small amount of ETH with the memo “ECAF #027”
- 24 Oct 2018: C confirms that he will do as instructed in next several days
- 31 Oct 2018: C performs proof of control of Ethereum account used to purchase EOS ERC-20 tokens: https://etherscan.io/tx/0xe8df4d1e13a64e2aa4174d4928c5efe7339899e117d2e6d9684f9db36c32b5fa
- 14 Nov 2018: C checks whether transfer was satisfactory.
- 21 Nov 2018: A informs CM of arbitration costs and to request payment from C.
- 22 Nov 2018: CM requests C to pay remainder of arbitration costs. A prepares notification of arbitration.
- 23-24 Nov 2018: C confirms message and deposits remainder of arbitration costs.
- 26 Nov 2018:
- CM sends out first notification of arbitration: https://eosq.app/tx/e6d6daa30093b94eed9d6f315a559e4f3c6c1d8be977a0cbe4d194d9f26093df (additional notification messages sent in Chinese and Korean)
- CM informs C that notification has been sent and timeline of events
- C requests clarification of what actions are expected of him.
- 27 Nov 2018: CM clarifies to C that no actions are expected of him at that point.
- 3 Dec 2018: C acknowledges receipt, requests that the forum consider communicating way forward to the public
- 3 Dec 2018: 2nd reminder notice of arbitration sent
- 4 Dec 2018: A requests CM to collect signed waiver and ID
- 10 Dec 2018:
- A informs C that notification period will elapse on that day and ruling will commence
- Final reminder of ongoing arbitration delivered.
- CM sends C waiver for signature, requests C to provide new public key should the case be found in his favour
- 11 Dec 2018: C provides requested waiver and identification plus public key
- 11 Dec 2018: discussion between CM and C on public key to be used.
- 13 Dec 2018: CM acknowledges receipt of public key
- 10-13 Dec 2018: Ruling prepared and reviewed internally.
- 14 Dec 2018: Ruling issued.